Saturday, November 28, 2009

Greetings YA Family,

It has been two months since our great weekend together so I thought I should communicate my feelings about the reunion. Please do not conclude that my delay reflects a lack of interest or continued excitement. Immediately after the reunion Dottie and I spent a month visiting our friends on the East Coast in Tenn., South Carolina. New Jersey and New York. I also had a great visit with my two brothers Fred and Bob. It was great to challenge them concerning their spiritual condition and praise the Lord they were open and receptive. Please continue to pray for them.

As for my reflections on the reunion, they are powerful and personal. First: In my mind there can be no doubt that God took over Sheila’s marvelous efforts and turned them into a spiritual, Holy Spirit event. With the exception of a few mistakes which can easily be corrected, it was as near perfect as it could be.

Second: I think that we need some type of follow-up gathering. The suggestion has been two years from now. However, I do not think we should make it another reunion, but rather some type of planning conference concerning the future of the Youth Aflame movement. Folks who missed this time or folks who could not come for various reasons could join us and be reunited as we were, but primarily I believe that we need more time to visit, talk, and plan for a continuing relationship. We could pray together and break into interest groups, etc.

I was impressed that there was so much potential power in a unified effort of some kind. We need to know more about all the ministries and enterprises represented by all of us. Without sacrificing the autonomy of each ministry I think we can cooperate in many ways, and I think that we could generate funds to assist those who might need support. I think that we could perpetuate Youth Alive and support its participants.

Third: I would like to receive your comments on the reunion (example - See Nelson Keener’s comments on Facebook) as well as your input about the future. I do not want YA to be about me but rather about you and how you perceive the future. If I am not on target, then when we sell Lassen Pines, I will just proceed on my own to do what I can to help those of our crowd that needs help the most . Let me hear from you via E-mail (gordonluff@yahoo.com ) and title it YA reunion comments.
Fourth: I was blessed by the health of the ministry of TRBC and LU. How great it is that they are being led and staffed by Youth Aflame Alumni. Let us all promise to pray for Jerry Jr. and Jonathan daily.

Last: Dottie and I sincerely thank you for making the effort to come to the reunion. It was one of the greatest highlights of my life. We love all of you more than we know how to express and we pray for you everyday.

If you ever can get to Redding, please know you can be our guest at Lassen Pine any time from June to Sept.

Love:

Dottie and Gordon

No comments: